Jan 7, 2014

Preparing for the Move

So I'm moving to Hyderabad in a few days... I fly off this Friday and aside from getting over the fact that I'm in denial about the move, there is just SO MUCH to do:

  • Pack up my life
  • Get medications and the like
  • Get my skincare and toiletries in order (girls will be girls...)
  • Decide which clothes to bring
  • Books, stationery, electronics...
Having tasks to complete means not having much time for reflection or contemplation-- at least, not as much as I'd like. I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing, but a quick blog post seemed to be the best solution for this conundrum. It definitely reminds me of the therapeutic value that writing has. 

But rest assured- this is one of the few posts that will be as self-serving as this. I see the new LiT as a much less self-absorbed place; it will not be where I vent or unload. I'd really like to share the journey of my adventure, and hopefully glean new insights about life along the way. 

To be honest, I don't think Hyderabad isn't one of those places where I can think (as I usually do) "I'll just buy what I need when I get there". SO I'm trying to be a bit more careful about this particular pack-up, and get back to it right now. 

No comments: