May 18, 2013

The Apprentice Asia, 22 May 2013 only on AXN

So it's been a while. And I haven't been allowed to comment on anything that's going on, until about now. Here's the Big Reveal:


YEP.
I am a contestant on The Apprentice Asia, the regional franchise of the hit TV show. Pretty much the biggest thing that's ever happened to me to-date. Awesome part of it is that it is helmed by reality TV genius and creator Mark Burnett, meaning we had a ridiculously talented, award-winning, ultra professional crew working on the show!!! Same director and task producer as The Apprentice UK, same director as The Celebrity Apprentice. Brilliant camera and soundmen.

12 of us have been chosen from all around the region, and I'm pretty proud to say I'm the ONLY Singaporean that made the cut! I'm also the only (token?) lawyer in the bunch of high-flying overachievers. To be honest, for the most part I felt extremely inadequate in comparison with these young success stories, but i realized very quickly that I should instead just learn all that I can from them.

Of course, the other draw? Mr Tony Fernandes, who's our version of Trump/Lord Sugar. He's an absolute trailblazer, and a big deal in the region and beyond. The most awesome part about owing an airline is being able to plaster your TV show on a plane. I present, Exhibit A.

OK enough talk. PICTURE TIME!!! We had our Press Conference at the Hilton Hotel in KL last week, and it was brilliant seeing all the contestants again!
 group photo, all together now...a million flashbulbs went off... never thought i would live to see the day where that happens to me...

 Of course this post wouldn't be complete if I didn't share some information about the show. These trailers should do more than enough to get you interested in watching-- its OBVIOUS from the editing and production values that this is a Mark Burnett production. We are all immensely excited for the final product... and we'll all be watching along with everyone else!
IF NOTHING ELSE, YOU NEED TO WATCH THIS TRAILER. 30s OF YOUR LIFE TO SEE WHETHER OR NOT THIS SHOW IS WORTH ITS WEIGHT (LEMME TELL YOU THAT IT IS!)


YES and now this is my promo spot... me mouthing off to the camera... it'll just be 30 seconds of your life...

There's also a minor point about there being a popularity contest (which I'm completely aware I stand a near-zero chance of winning... I just don't inspire that kind of reaction in people, generally...). BUT for your information, the votes are being counted on 2 fronts:
1) the AXN website HERE, where "likes" and Facebook shares count;
AND
2) on Twitter, where the hashtag #AAAndrea counts as a vote.

The Apprentice Asia airs across 21 countries in the region, starting WEDNESDAY 22 MAY 2013, 9.05 PM, only on AXN. (Repeats every day at various times until the following episode). 


FOLLOW ME!!!
Twitter: @leyandrea13
Instagram: @leyandrea13
Facebook: /leyandrea13
Email: leyandrea13@gmail.com

I'll be updating with more info here and there as episodes air. Peace out.

No comments: