Mar 24, 2011

primavera by Margaretha Olschewski

welcome to spring!
Officially, the season began a few days ago, on 21 March.
Margaretha Olschewski shot a colourful floral fashion editorial for COSMOPOLITAN UK, which gets us ready for sunny days. Don't you just FEEL lighter, breezier (I sound like a covergirl ad now...) and sunnier merely talking about spring?

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
the sun-drenched images are lush, fresh, green and beautiful--and the scenery a great foil to the explosive pinks, magentas, fuschias and purples of the dresses. soft flowy fabrics and girly accents like bows and frilly layers complete the picture. bit too saccharine for my personal taste, but there are many ways to incorporate floral motifs.

While SS11 has been more about color than anything else, the florals that showed up in some shows then ended up owning the recent FW11 runways. From Versace to Givenchy to the au courant Jil Sander, and even fashion-trend-bellwether Miuccia Prada's Miu Miu, it looks like florals are here to stay.

And if that's not enough to convince you, how about the fact that Mr. Nicholas Ghesquire (YES, MISTER G, because he deserves that much respect) put floral prints back on his creations for Balenciaga for the first time since that iconic Spring 2008 collection?

Blooms are the way to go, kids.
-
b-
production details...
Stylist: Sairey Stemp
Hair: John Birchall
Makeup: Robyn Nissen

Photobucket
Primavera by Botticelli

Also known as Allegory of Spring, this famous Renaissance painting is the subject of much literature and many debates over the true meaning contained in its lush pastoral scenery and elaborate detail of the 8 depicted figures.
-
photo credits: GoSee and wikipedia

12 comments:

Susana R. said...

Hi :)
You are coming to Lisbon? When? We should meet, that would be awesome.
Keep in touch,
xoxo
Su

Couture Carrie said...

Great to hear from you, darling!
What a lovely spread... am so smitten with all these floral prints!
And I adore the Botticelli too!

xoxox,
CC

Susie said...

Amazing photos !

Sienna said...

No way! 3 months away? so amazing! i'm going away for 2 months in may, where are you going? i'm so obsessed with travel, give me details!!! i love this post too, the flowers are gorg

Fash Boulevard said...

Hi. I'm a stylist in LA and I'm totally obsessed with your blog. I'd love if you visited my new blog for multiple posts a day on all things fashion. I just moved to California after graduating back in south with a degree in visual merchandiser. In attempt to get my heel in the door, I've launched a site all about celebrity fashion and the trends that create it. Check out what Vanessa Hudgens was wearing when I ran into her last week and Olivia P's breaking news. I'd love the support. I'm following you, I hope you'll do the same. Thanks so much.

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

And don't forget to follow on Twitter for all the latest celebrity fashion news, from an LA stylist.

http://twitter.com/FashBoulevard

Nubia said...

great photos so inspirational

Vero said...

I love these collection! These photos are so awesome with the great flower prints and flower accessory! :)

Greetings

Vero said...

I love these collection! These photos are so awesome with the great flower prints and flower accessory! :)

Greetings

She's Dressing Up said...

Ahh this post makes me want to put on a floral dress and go outside in the sun! :)

She's Dressing Up said...

Ahh this post makes me want to put on a floral dress and go outside in the sun! :)

She's Dressing Up said...

Ahh this post makes me want to put on a floral dress and go outside in the sun! :)

stellawantstodie said...

love the pics!!! love the flowerssss!!
:)

thnx for your comment!