Aug 12, 2009

too much of a good thing


so, chanel's come up with something that really goes over the top. the classical felt and boiled wool flap bag adorned with jewel symbols of russian history. YES, that is its full, OFFICIAL name. part of the so-titled paris-moscou collection (not sure why its spelt that way...), which features plenty of ornate, bejewelled opulence--much like the collections of marie antoinette and russian czars so referenced by The Kaiser. 

the 2.55 is such a classic, but i guess abit of updating never hurt anyone. i just think this is all a bit too much. 
-
thank you all for your lovely, encouraging and candid comments from the last post--that in large part is why i knew i couldn't just abandon this project i started so long ago. in fact, i have to be better at it. along with all the lovely people i've met through this blog. 
thank you. 

14 comments:

Solo said...

Love that clutch! ;D
So pretty, hope to see more of this. Have a good day. ;D

Solo
Travel and Living
Job Hunt Pinoy

surimay said...

aah glad you're back! :D
ooh this bag really jumps at you! hm. slightly strange. but after staring at it for a good 10 seconds i've decided i like!

Lil Midget said...

:D

that's one funky bag!

x

Cathy Voyage said...

Wow, stunning!

ONiC said...

i want that purse so bad. wish i was born rich haha

Ashford said...

oh karl. always so over the top.

Maverick Malone said...

I love it!!!! I want that!!

Annie said...

that bag is crazy gorgeous. I honestly am not a huge fan of a lot of Chanel stuff, because I think all their branding can be over the top. but this is really amazing. probably because I love Russian-related artifacts, I have all these Russian pins I found at a yard sale and I just adore them...

so, in short, I love this bag.

visionaire said...

beautiful bag!
xx
L.

Little Bo Peeep said...

That is ONE BADASS BAG. I need that.

Ebbie said...

Cute Chanel

check out my blog

ebbiemag.blogspot.com

Ebbie said...

Cute Chanel

check out my blog

ebbiemag.blogspot.com

Rebecca, The Clothes Horse said...

I love this collection. I'm so obsessed with the ornateness of Russian history and architecture.

beingdena said...

Love the bag and really like your blog. I drop by every day so please keep updating :)