May 16, 2009

fierce spring denim

this evening at dinner my friend asked, "what's the next big thing for spring?" 
and that really got me thinking. i guess i could be all forward-looking and trendy, but i must say my personal style eschews what's "HOT" (stuff that got passed over include: gladiators, fringe, cross-body 'vintage' bags) for what i feel i can pull off appropriately.
 
that being said, this editorial by john scarisbrick for bon magazine sparked a veritable fire in my imagination: FIERCE SPRING DENIM sums it up, i suppose. now where is that jean jacket when you need it most...
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
denim clearly comes in all sizes, color, textures and shapes--and you can pair them with anything! dress them up, dress them down, ripped, patchworked, shredded, dipdyed...it just never ends!
 
ridiculously inspirational, i hope this gives us all some ideas as to how to welcome spring BESIDES a walk down a flowery garden path. 
to quote:
 
"florals? for spring? ground-breaking."
-Miranda Priestly, The Devil Wears Prada

and if you need FURTHER assurance that denim is back with a vengeance, (at least this season), barneys is in on the whole denim thing too. this time, its recycling to the rescue, as old jeans get a new lease on life, thanks to the 8 lovely designers named above.
 
random news alert... i got:
  1. a haircut
  2. a ridiculously amazing pair of Dolce & Gabbana tan and mirrored leather strappys. photos to come soon i promise, xx

14 comments:

janettaylor said...

J'adore floral for s/s season, but I'll wearing a floral scarf or blouse with plaid/tartan caftan too...incredible but really cool!!!

XoXo

Delmy said...

I REALLY want a denim one piece.

lucille said...

In love the striped jacket !!

Cathy Voyage said...

I love the photography!

Mimi said...

Great photos!

Ooh la la, that denim tube dress is amazing!

xo

The Stiletto Effect said...

Denim is completely "hot" right now!
xoxo
Su

Emmy said...

Can't WAIT to see the D&G heels!

I've been dying to get my hands on the perfect pair of jeans to shred up, though I'm still looking :-(

And dude, I looked up David Hockney and you're SO RIGHT. He's brilliant. I particularly love the photo collages. Thanks for the WONDERFUL tip off!

Pop Champagne said...

wow love all the denim! I wish I can pull off the ripped denim look... sigh!

voguemanie said...

that is a an amazing editorial

vorega badalamenti said...

coooll picture.. =)

Ashita said...

this post is filled with yummy finds i cant take my eyes off the monochrome apparel and you missy look very pretty in your previous ensemble!

thank you for dropping by my blog
xx

stay safe

Lil Midget said...

Hello! I'm doing well thanks :)

And ripped denim is hot!

xoxo

yiqin; said...

I have been wantig a denim jacket for AGES!

katrina said...

I just bought two denim jackets, but as usual, nothing to wear them with.. I should really go on a big shopping trip!!

And i just finished my shredded t-shirt, a DIY project I had in my mind for ages. Pictures coming soon, then you can see how pathetic i am at DIY..:S