May 13, 2009

feeling green in marni

oh joy, the camera's back...and along with it, the cuffed trews! i'm certainly glad to have higher res photos for my own sake...instead of my poor photobooth laptop webcam of a substitute.
Photobucket
marni knit/cotton top, robinson pants (mom's), pedder red leather platforms, balenciaga wool/leather city, tiffany heart tag bracelet.
 
 my mom also made me wear that black tube inside so that no wardrobe malfunction would occur...
thou i personally feel that a deep v-neck is no problem if consuelo castiglioni intended for it to be that way, haha.
Photobucket
Photobucket
this particular city was a seasonal one (i think it was fw07!?), that's why it came in a gray wool combination rather than the usual cracked leather. eitherways, you can't find it anymore and another interesting feature is the metallic hardware that's shiny instead of the usual matte. 
 
Photobucket
and close up.
 
in a moment of shopping folly enticed by a discount, my mom bought it-- for herself actually, but i borrowed it cos i thought i could wear it differently than she would.  
 
but i think sometimes the $$ may be worth it in the light of clothes = investment. its just a paradigm shift i had a few years back. any thoughts? there's alot of discussion as to teh relevance of "luxury goods" in the current economic situation. 

16 comments:

kirstyb said...

Cute outfit love it xoxox
www.fashionchampagne.blogspot.com

Mademoiselle Frou-Frou said...

love the color! i have an ungaro top in the same color and will never part with it - it's so unique!
xox

Valentine said...

Welcome back, love!

Ive always loved the colors that Marni uses.. :-) and your outfit is chich as always! I do think the tube top added a bit more edge to the look.. I thought you were wearing a jumpsuit underneath the top, actually. :-)

ps

LOVE LOVE the shoes.

xx

V

janettaylor said...

What a lovely look...I adore Marni!

XoXo

Sachin Malhotra said...

nice blog...
plz visit my blog...
http://ghostmatters.blogspot.com/

Sachin Malhotra said...

nice blog...
plz visit my blog...
http://ghostmatters.blogspot.com/

yiqin; said...

Marni jacket!?!!? In sucha lovely shade of yellow too! I am totally jealous!!

HoneyBunny said...

You look very chic, dear! I love your shoes<33

I've tagged you, hon! Check it out on my blog:*

$ouLphate said...

that bag is awesome!! oh im so jealous that ur going to vietnam.. i haven't been there for years =( uhm.. let me think.. i don't have tips actually but you have to see saigon.. and hanoi of course! food is delicious over there.. especially the fruits!<3 thanks for visiting btw! and have fun in advance!

Shen-Shen said...

Like your top! I love borrowing clothes from my mom, hehe.

Aysia said...

I really love that green-ish color :] I feel like if I wore that color it would make me look washed out though because I am very tan...

copperoranges said...

oooh .. very interesting color. i actually like it with the black underneath! great proportions, too.

Ellie said...

What a great shirt! So unique. That's cute that your mom put a stop to your risque outfit. Looks great both ways I'm sure.

Austere said...

I like that shade of green. Lovely top!

Mimi said...

Lusting after your bag!!!

xo

Hanako66 said...

you are fabulous, I love this!!