Feb 25, 2009

plaid skirt in pop art

feeling slightly wonky today from all the deadlines (3 in a week!), i decided to add some color to my humdrum photos... forgive me, i can't be bothered to leave the confines of my wardrobe to change and take photos...also, it was a Bad Photo Day. they seem to happen more and more, haha!
 
plaid's never been my thing, but when i saw this particular print on a wool skirt, i realised i could get behind this particular trend, as long as it wasnt the lumberjack-shirt-with-skinny-jeans combo being pulled by EVERYONE on the street from LC to joel madden
 
AA tank, m)phosis wool plaid skirt, tiffany jewelry, random belt (i need a new black one!)

closeup of the print... somehow it looks alot less american lumberjack (which is ALWAYS the danger with plaid...), maybe because its got more than the requisite black/white. just trust your own discretion when buying into any trend!
 
also, on a superrandom note, i went out at 3am last night to go grocery shopping at my friendly neighbourhood 24-hour grocery store. i bought cereal, milk, tomatoes, pears and yoghurt. for some weird reason, it came up to $45, and i was like WHUT!?!?!??!??! lol.

10 comments:

tis serendipity said...

Haha oh noooo $45!! That's insane. ;p But 3am grocery shopping sounds fun!

Is the mphosis skirt a little warm? It's got a pretty design though! The length makes it look pretty mature (heh I guess it's good for the future lawyer ;))

Anonymous said...

cool photo effects!
nice skirt!

Kira Fashion said...

Hello!!

I am so happy about your words! You are so sweet and I am even more happy to exchange links with you! I love to increase my list with fabulous blog and people like you!

I love your look. Fantastic match with the skirt. This shirt is really sexy! Perfect!

A kiss and a hug for you,
My best wishes,
see you,
Kira

Valentine said...

Plaid has always been a constant in my wardrobe! Haha.. But I do agree, ever since everyone and their dog started wearing plaid, it kinda lost its appeal. :-)

Nonetheless, your skirt is totally awesome.. the shape is something that Im very into at the moment. :-) In fact, the whole outfit is real nice.. simple and clean. love it..

AND YES! Richard Nicoll.. IS LOVE.

xoxo

V

copperoranges said...

grocery prices always surprises me .. especially when you're trying to buy healthy/fresh food!

i love the skirt/tank ... the belt really pulls the look together and accentuates the right places!

Cathy Voyage said...

Oh I love it!

Christina said...

The skirt is really nice. :) And the simple outfit looks great, too!

Kira Fashion said...

Hi girl!
I just did the correction. Don´t worry, is always a pleasure!

a kiss and a hug,

Kira

Nadine said...

This is a great skirt and it fits you figure really well.

Ashford said...

oh yes I have never seen a trend take off so well. EVERYONE at the bar will be wearing some sort of plaid shirt and skinny jean combo. and i used to love plaid!