Feb 9, 2009

marc by day, marc by night

marc by MJ ss08
this particular iconic colorblocked, geometric, contrasting collection made a big sartorial impression, spawning numerous recognizable pieces, such as the printed skirt, checked shirtdress, patent two-tone loafers and THAT cream and red dress.
it was last july that i bit the bullet and purchased my first M by MJ piece--and of course i wanted something colorful, iconic and geometric as well...hence: 

ss08 printed dress
day: with handpainted dkny metallic flats, evita peroni alice band
love the summery feel and the yellow in the print!

night: with jonathan aston 40den opaques, pedder red croc skin peeptoes
please excuse the pixellation...not a particularly good day for photos!

the problem with too much color saturation...

7 comments:

Cathy Voyage said...

Thank you so much for your nice comment!
You look so fabulous in this dress! I love the meatballs at Ikea, too, I think I'm going to make them myself one day!

She's Dressing Up said...

Oh wow the dress is gorgeous!

Nadine said...

Such an awesome dress :). I'm really jealous!

Zoë said...

my dear my dear I ADORE THAT DRESS!Got to get me some MJ
how was your dinner for the last day of cny? crazy how time flies. Soon we're going to be celebrating CNY for 2010!

anyway take care
xx

http://gracioulyzoe.blogspot.com/

The Stiletto Effect said...

I really, really like that dress

HoneyBunny said...

that dress is so cute!

SarahwithanH said...

That dress is just amazing! I just found your blog, it's awesome :)