Jan 9, 2008

#1 post of 2008

welcome to the new year.

for me, its been absolutely a blur; packing day and night can easily lead one to bouts of existence in the twilight zone. moving house has been hectic, draining, and overall a terribly memorable experience.
from the GARAGE SALE to the PACKING to the UNPACKING to the UNVEILING OF THE NEW HOUSE, its all been very exciting for me.

1. Garage sale.
it was the most surprising of the package, as people responded so positively to the adverts and to us. we sold TONS of stuff.. mostly at 5 to 10 bucks, gave away even MORE stuff (talk about a nonprofit strategy!), and managed to make a very VERY sizeable 2k considering the low sales prices. well done family.

2. Packing/unpacking
i was by far the MOST disorganised and slowest in the family, given the amount of stuff in my room. ridiculous. i gave away close to half my wardrobe...YES GAVE AWAY! but i also managed to relive many old memories as i looked through my old letters, cards, presents, and awards. oh well. all the more i have reason to restock my clothes and bags!
unfortunately, the new house gives me half the wardrobe space i previously had...sneaky parents...

3. The New House.
very very exciting! i had the chance and privilege to design my room! the interior designer was probably the most annoyed with me, as i rejected all 5 of her proposals for my room HOHO. however, i have to say i am pleased with the end product. hteres tons more stuff to add in: rug (?), cushions, paintings, ETCETCE.
GOOD NEWS FRIENDS: i have junked al my posters...BOOHOO so no more bsb, rhcp, robbie, sugarray et al. heres to er... more sophistication LOL

4. 2008
ive barely had any time to think about what id like for the new year and my goals, althou thankfully i have set my spiritual ones already. the rest, i supose ill take them as they come. OH YES!!! i did very decently for my exams, which if you ask jx is nothing short of a MIRACLE thank you GOD! cos he was with me before the exams (24--48 hours before contracts) and i really was at a loss. so this is really somehintg to be thankful for!!

also, another addition to the BALENcIAGA BROoD:
i just needed one with the giant hardware. this was gorgeous and the hobo is SOOO lovely. mine's in brown. :)



in the meantime, have a good sstart to the new year everyone!
cheers.

No comments: